Dragonlance Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dragonlance Legends

A World where Legends decide the Future.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A'ryndil Astia'mar

Go down 
AuthorMessage
MyOwnDestiny

A'ryndil Astia'mar Empty
PostSubject: A'ryndil Astia'mar   A'ryndil Astia'mar Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 2:47 am

We lived in a small encampment just east of the forest. My father, being a druid, made our home within the trees rather than destroying the beautiful nature surrounding us.

I will begin my story during my adolescence.

Skydra'ghal knew of future events but would not tell how she came to know them. The power reigned over by Solinari was strong within her. She wore a necklace that bore the symbol of Paladine, a gleaming silver triangle. There was also a battle waging inside her. A battle between good and evil. Because of her power, she was wanted as an ally by a much darker force. She would not yield. I overheard her once deep in the night as she called out in a dream.

"You shall never convince me to use my powers for your evil ways no matter your promises or your threats!!", she yelled.

Not long after that night my father, Thor'lana, became ill. Paler than normal and a yellowish tint around his eyes told me it was serious. My mother, no matter what spell, potion, or even natural herbs from the land she used, was unable to heal him. Constantly working to take care of him and keep my older brother and myself well, she became weak and worn down. She was strong but after months of my father's ailment she finally had become infected with the same unknown disease.

One evening late, I packed a small satchel of supplies and left my home in secret to find a cure for my family. I had noticed recently my brother began coughing and getting easily winded. I crossed the river north of our home and was headed to Palanthas; to the school where my mother trained, in hopes that I might find another mage to tell of our dire situation. Someone that could go to the Tower and speak to the master so that we could get help from the most powerful.

I entered into Good Bay to board the ship to Caergoth. At the docks I spied a most beautiful creature. I must have been staring, for this being came towards me. She introduced herself only by saying she was called Alentria. She asked of my travels for I seemed too young to be alone. I felt secure in her company, so I told her of my quest to find a cure. She looked thoughtful. Then embracing my hand she told me of what immense power that had been bestowed upon her. She said she held within her the power to heal anyone or anything. I believed her.

So instead of going to the school I turned around with my companion and lead her back to my home. I was so anxious to get there and show my family what a great thing I had done on my own I failed to notice the slight change in the mood of my new friend and that something was following us.

We got to my home in the early morning hours. My mother looked on cautiously as this creature seemed to be mixing a potion for them to all drink. My father, enthralled with her beauty, had no questions, only looked deeply into her eyes and drank what was given. My mother however was more suspicious because of my father's instant willingness. She refused to drink anything.

My father, starting to feel better and actually sat up in bed for the first time in days, asked me to gather water and food near the river while he spoke to my mother. I hoped she would concede to take the potion and we could go back to the way we were.

My brother Beau'loregan, took care of them as I went out to do as my father asked. On my way home I noticed a flurry of activity near our home. I hurried in hopes that something miraculous had happened. However I slowed as I drew closer feeling a darkness about me. I hid in the trees just beyond our dwelling. I knew something was dreadfully wrong. There were several people moving about carrying books, bags, and vials all belonging to my mother. I heard rustling in the leaves behind me as I turned swiftly. Beau quickly wrapped his arms around me and covered my mouth with a finger, warning me to be silent. I could see the terror in his eyes. He pulled me back some and then told me of what had happened.

Our mother had finally agreed to take the drink and heal herself. A strange look came over the creature before her and then it laughed a most haunting sound. My brother was then frozen in time though he could hear and see all around him. Half a dozen people came in and my parents things were rifled through as though they were searching for something. They could only watch on in horror as everything they loved was torn apart.

Alentria spoke, " I am servant to the great Takhisis that has put me on this land. I am what is known as Irda. There has been someone calling to you through the dream realm Skydra'ghal. You live closer to our armies than any other of power. We have given you chance after chance to join our ranks and yet you still refuse. You know far too much to remain alive, which is why you have taken an irreversible death potion that will begin working rapidly in a matter of moments. I knew of your illness and sought out a way to come to you without suspicion. Your insolent daughter provided that way. Good riddance to you and I will let you wonder what is to become of your children." She laughed again.

She then strode out to join the others and go through the things they had taken. While she was outside my brother became unfrozen and was able to run. He hid until I came along. He told me to go for help while he tried to see what was going on. I ran as fast as I could. For some reason I could find no one. What was going on?

I returned to see my house in flames and tried to run inside but the fire was enormous. How could the house burn without the trees nearby catching fire also? My parents poisoned and now their dead bodies being burned to erase the evidence. I could not understand what was happening. I refused to believe they were gone. Beau!! Where was he? I heard horses in the distance heading away fast. I ran. A caravan was heading east and on the back of one horse was my brother's limp body. I could not move or follow. There was something protecting them so they could flee without anyone giving chase.

I wandered for days after that finally coming to a dwelling south of what once was my home. A family of dwarves came out to greet me. I was weak and distraught with grief. They saw I meant no harm, so gave me food and shelter. I remained with them for some time until I was strong enough to travel alone and begin the 2nd quest of my young life. I left them thankful for all they had done. I am going to learn my mother's powers and more, so that I can find my brother and avenge my parents.
Back to top Go down
MyOwnDestiny

A'ryndil Astia'mar Empty
PostSubject: Re: A'ryndil Astia'mar   A'ryndil Astia'mar Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 3:57 am

A'ryndil with her familiar pseudodragon Fili

A'ryndil Astia'mar ArynwFili
Back to top Go down

A'ryndil Astia'mar
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dragonlance Legends :: A Spindle of Tales :: Archive-
Jump to: